Saturday, January 24, 2009

January 20, 2009


Inauguration Day.  A historic one at that.  Barack Obama was sworn in as the 44th president of the United States.  As we watched the inauguration, Laney kept asking to watch different shows.  I kept telling her that we were watching history instead.  

While he was not my candidate, I support him.  He is the president and I hope he can help America.

And I couldn't help but reflect on some of my college history classes.  Two different semesters I wrote rather in depth papers on the Little Rock nine who integrated Central High School in Arkansas in 1957-1958.  And I couldn't help but feel proud that in 50 years we had gone from forced integration to electing an African-American president.  I am proud to be an American.

No comments:

Post a Comment